- For reservations, call 1-406-892-2525.
- Prince of Wales Hotel is open from early-June through mid-September.
- Located just off Canada’s Provincial Route 5, on the shore of Waterton Lake, north of Waterton Townsite.
- Nearby park activities include boating, fishing, water-skiing, shopping, sight-seeing, hiking, wildlife-viewing and much more.
Opened in 1927, this majestic hotel was named after Prince Edward and retains its British atmosphere to this day. Situated on a bluff overlooking Waterton Lake, take in spectacular views while you eat in the Royal Stewart Dining Room or take afternoon tea in Valerie’s Tea Room. This 7-story architectural masterpiece features a 30-foot bell tower, impressive lobby with picture windows, and gift shop.
Prince of Wales Hotel is located just north of Waterton Townsite, off Canada’s Provincial Route 5. From Provincial Highway 6 and Provincial Route 5 intersection, travel southwest on Route 5 towards Waterton for approximately 5 miles. Signage and hotel driveway will be to your left.
Due to its location on Waterton Lake, and proximately to Townsite, enjoy one of these park activities:
Boating/Water-skiing/Fishing: Launch your craft at Waterton marina and enjoy a fun-filled day on the lake.
- Motorboats restricted to Upper and Middle Waterton Lakes.
- Beware of gusts: canoeists, kayakers, and paddle boaters encouraged to explore the more sheltered bays.
- Park fishing licenses required.
Shopping: Start in the Prince of Wales gift shop, featuring fine china and elegant Waterford crystal. Then, journey into Townsite for further park souvenirs.
Hiking: A number of hiking trails circumvent Waterton Lake. Try this short hike, featuring views of Emerald Bay:
Prince of Wales Trail
- Trailhead: Emerald Bay
- Distance: 2 km (1.2 miles)
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Ascent: Minimal
Scenic Drives: Most Prince of Wales Hotel guests will have experienced the Entrance Parkway during their arrival journey. For additional breathtaking scenery, take rewarding drives down Akamina Parkway or Red Rock Parkway.
- Season: May 1 – October 31
- Distance (one-way): 16 km (10 miles)
- Highlights: Mountain views, historic stopping points, Cameron Lake.
Red Rock Parkway
- Season: Early May – October 31
- Distance (one-way): 15 km (9 miles)
- Highlights: Prairie/mountain views in Blakiston Valley, wildlife, Red Rock Canyon.
Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free environment, featuring 86 guest rooms, ranging from Mountainside Standard Rooms to Suites. One of the most photographed hotels in North America, it’s a great location for honeymoons and family reunions.
- Season: Early June – mid September
- Rates (Canadian): Ranging from $194 - $799
- Royal Stewart Dining Room: Picturesque views; serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Valerie’s Tea Room: Open 2pm – 4pm. Reservations recommended.
- Windsor Lounge: Tuck into hearty English fare; lunch and dinner menus.
- Check-in: 3pm; Check-out: 11 am
- Reservations: Call 1-406-892-2525.