Encompassing over 100 million acres of exquisite natural beauty, Glacier National Park is home to a diverse range of landscapes, wildlife, natural features, and outdoor activities.
- Going To The Sun Road: This 52-mile feat of construction leads you through magnificent alpine terrain, ascending over 6,600 feet, passing The Weeping Wall and more.
- Logan Pass: The highest point along the Going To The Sun Road, featuring a visitors center and numerous trailheads leading to The Garden Wall, Hidden Lake Overlook, and other dazzling destinations.
- Lake McDonald: A water enthusiast's paradise, this lake bustles with visitors enjoying boat tours/rentals, fishing and shoreline activities including shopping, hiking, and camping.
- St. Mary Lake: Spend a day boating, fishing, or visit the falls around this serene Glacier Park lake.
- Many Glacier: Housing dramatic peaks, this area features Many Glacier Hotel, azure lakes, and a trail leading up to Grinnell Glacier.
- Campgrounds: Utilize one of over 1000 backcountry and traditional campites as your base to explore Glacier's bounty.
- Many Glacier Hotel: On the shores of Swiftcurrent Lake, this Swiss-themed hotel offers comfortable accomodations, gift shop, restaurants, and more.
- Glacier Park Lodge: Located in east Glacier, play a round of golf or relax in the day spa.
- Lake McDonald Lodge: Rest in this chalet-styled lodge and then book an activity such a boat tour or horseback ride.
- Granite Park Chalet>: Reach this rustic mountain-top chalet by trail only and enjoy panoramic views.
- Hiking: Glacier Park vacations are incomplete without an adventure down a stretch of over 700 miles of hiking trails.
- Tours: By land, hop aboard a Red Jammer Bus, by lake, book a guided boat tour.
- Fishing: Test your angling skills as you entice cutthroat trout and other native species.
- Visitor Centers: Stop here for souvenirs, books and Glacier Park information.
Information and Park Services
- Weather: Glacier Park weather can be fickle. Be prepared for quick weather changes.
- Hours/Seasons: Open year round; most Glacier facilities/roads generally open from late May - late September.
- Glacier Park Contact Information: Glacier National Park, PO Box 128, West Glacier, Montana 59936, PH: (406) 888-7800