Glacier National Park has four separate Visitor Centers. Be sure to request a copy of the "Glacier Explorer," to find a listing of descriptions, dates, times, and locations of special activities throughout the park.
Glacier National Park Headquarters
- Location – Just before the entrance station at West Glacier and houses the Park’s main offices.
- Dates and times of operation – Open year round, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Information – (406) 888-5441
Apgar Visitor Center
- Location - Near the foot of Lake McDonald on the west side of the park. Here you will find exhibits on Glacier's plants and animals. There is also an educational cabin designed especially for kids.
- Dates and times of operation - Open daily from late April through October and on winter weekends, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Weekdays during winter, stop by the park headquarters.
Logan Pass Visitor Center
- Location - At the top of Logan Pass on the Going-to-the-Sun Road. Here you will find an excellent exhibit of Glacier's alpine life zones that exist above tree line.
- Dates and times of operation - Open daily from mid-June through September, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
St. Mary Visitor Center
- Location - At the foot of St. Mary Lake, this is the park's main visitor center. You will find exhibits on geology and Glacier's diverse flora and fauna. An introductory slide show is also shown throughout the day.
- Dates and times of operation - Open daily from late May through September, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Especially for kids
Your kids will enjoy being enrolled in the Junior Ranger program. Any child age 6 to 12 can pick up the Junior Ranger newspaper at any of the visitor centers. After completing five of the seven activities listed and returning the completed form, your child will earn a badge and become a Junior Ranger.