- For reservations call 1-888-345-2649 or Book Online.
- Generally open from late June through early September.
- Located on the Highline Trail, Granite Park Chalet sits in the heart of Glacier National Park’s glorious landscape.
- Utilize Granite Park Chalet as a base to explore The Garden Wall, Grinnell Glacier Overlook, and much more.
Built by the Great Northern Railway as a resting place for backpackers, Granite Park Chalet is a rustic, yet comfortable, historic abode for hikers and backpackers. Recently renovated, this 1914 chalet features 12 sleeping rooms, kitchen and dining area, balconies, and modern pit toilet.
Perched on the Highline Trail at 6000 feet, Granite Park Chalet showcases Montana’s exquisite alpine landscape.
Highline Trail: Most embark from the Highline Trailhead, on Logan Pass.
- 7.6 miles
- easy - moderate
Loop Trail: The shortest distance to the chalet, but involves a 2300 ft climb.
- 4 miles
Swiftcurrent Trail: A truly stunning hike with waterfalls and abundant wildlife.
- 7.5 miles
- Difficult (2285 ft)
Granite Park Chalet is an ideal base for exploring The Garden Wall, Swiftcurrent Lookout, Grinnell Glacier Overlook, and more.
Visitors prepare their own meals in a shared kitchen/dining area. Unless you pre-order, you must pack in your own food, along with silverware/dishes. (Limited pots and utensils available.) You must provide your own water. Pack bottles or water filters (1/4 mile to nearest water source). Pack out your trash.
- Food (unless pre-ordering)
- Water/water filters
- Linen/bedding (unless pre-ordering)
- Camera (unrestricated panoramas)
- Pre-order retail food (price varies)
- Pre-order linen/bedding ($16/pp)
Typically open from late June - early September. (2013 season: June 29 through September 8th)
$94 for the first person, $76 for each additional person in room. Required reservation/advanced payment.
For reservations call 1-888-345-2649 or Book Online.